Saturday, November 8, 2014

Gluten Free Trail Mix


So after working a double shift at my part time job I came home to a wonderful dinner made by my sweetie. Gorgeous pan cooked wild Keto salmon in coconut oil with a delightful topping of Dijon mustard, paired with lightly sautéed kale, quinoa, and baked sweet potatoes...so happy! 

I was in a rush to get home because we had plans to go to my friend, Crystal's house to play cards. The older I get the more things like invitations to card games, butterflies, and finding my favorite fair trade GF DF chocolate bar with a $0.50 coupon attached excites me...yes, the simple things. 

Anyway, all invited were asked to bring a snack to share. Since these days I can barely seem to keep it together (health counselor being way too honest), I scoured my pantry and fridge for something appropriate to throw nicely together. 

First I scooped a jar full of my homemade sauerkraut that I made a few days ago with my friend, Micah. I wasn't satisfied though. I wanted one more item to bring.
I then got a brainstorm...trail mix! It's easy to make, yummy, and most importantly I had just what needed.

Thought I would share with all of you what I'll be sharing at the card game. Hope you will try it! So this was not measured at all, I simply went by what I saw and looked good.

Ingredients:

Raw sprouted pumpkin seeds
Unsweetened coconut flakes
Raw pecans
Raisins (Even though I don't like them; I'd prefer goji berries, but I'm all out of them)
Equal Exchange Dark Chocolate chips
1 Broken up organic rice cake
Raw almonds
1 1/2 turns of Himalayan Sea Salt 

Tell me if you make this trail mix for your family. I guarantee your kids will love it! 

Helping you to be a good steward of your health!~Marie A. Ligorria 

No comments:

Post a Comment